Fall 2020 kicked off planning and engaging the universitywide financial community to validate the proposed design. Following the kickoff, the University Finance and Administration Project Management Office (UFA PMO) will gather input from Chancellor and central administration units to ensure the proposed changes meet the university’s needs. Additionally, the PMO will validate the chart mapping, reconcile data, and pinpoint unit training needs. Throughout CoA Phase 2 there will be open lines of communication and feedback to provide project updates and include unit leadership for local/intra-unit information exchange.
The project timeline includes deploying a new general ledger and subledgers with the repurposed chart of accounts (CoA). To do this, there are major tasks to clean up the current data and convert data from the current structure into the new CoA.
The implementation dates are subject to change.
- CoA design and prototype – value/mapping/cross validation rules
- Configuration design
- Conversion scope (required history)
- Report analysis (impacted reports)
- Integration partner(s) analysis (impacts)
- Confirm prototype/validation approach
- Replicate existing configuration in the general ledger and subledgers
- Modify all integration points impacted by the CoA changes
- Map existing CoA segments to the new CoA segments
- Modify and validate all existing reports and spreadsheets impacted by the CoA changes
- Clean data in the general ledger and subledgers prior to conversion
- Convert data
- Train users on new CoA structure and provide post-go live support